UNLV Trash to Treasure Event
It’s good for the environment – It reduces the amount of waste that the University puts into the landfill.
It’s good for the community – The program supports UNLV initiatives...and...offers the future opportunity to purchase usable items at a very low cost at the UNLV Surplus Center.
WHAT YOU CAN DONATE
Please make sure it’s clean – and that it works! Items we accept - Examples:
- Athletic equipment
- Light fixtures
- Appliances (coffee makers, irons etc.)
- Electronics (TV’s CD players)
- Canned goods and other nonperishable items
How to Prepare Your Donations
- Appliances and Electronics – Clean and in working condition.
- Carpets – Vacuum, roll, and tie your carpet.
- Clothing – Clean and placed it in a bag.
The Collection and Sorting Effort
- Moving Services will place the containers 1-2 days prior to the event start date.
- Pickups will be nightly with delivery to the UNLV Surplus Center.
- Items are sorted by Surplus Center employees and student volunteers.